Tuesday 29 May 2012

Won't Let You Go

Written on the same day as 'Lease of Life', was obviously in an optimistic frame of mind.

Won’t Let You Go

There was always something there,
Though at first we knew not where,
That extra step I should have taken,
I thought I had time, but was mistaken

I lost that chance, I’d given up,
A well run dry, an empty cup,
Against all odds, my fortunes changed,
Contact resumed, those texts exchanged

I soon realised, that this was fate,
Suppose after all, that it wasn’t too late
For us to have, what we had before,
Did I have this chance once more?

The future to all is but a closed book,
But with no more mistakes and a little luck;
I think we will last, because I won’t let go,
Perhaps we’ll be more, you never know

You understand me; not an easy task,
You understand the truth behind this mask
When I’m with you I know my mind’s at ease,
That loving glance, those chances we seize

I think it’s about time to seize the day,
Carpe Diem, my love shall never sway
As the sunshine sets in the cloudless sky,
This is my summer, and I think I know why

© Ben Johnson 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment