Tuesday 29 May 2012

Friendship Comes In Many Forms

Here is a poem I wrote in August 2011 after I realised a certain someone would always be there for me.

Friendship Comes In Many Forms

Today was just a stark reminder:
Friendship comes in many forms,
Despite the anger, despite the hurt,
With you I can weather these storms

Relief that passes through my mind,
When I know that you'll be there,
Metaphorical shoulders to rest my head,
As my hands tear through my hair

A heart that bleeds, I long to scream
Such frustration I can't contain,
Yet every time I feel like giving up,
Your words guide me through the pain

I've stood resolute with nothing left,
Almost breathed my very last,
Then in my ear, those voices whispered,
Reassured, the moment passed

Saved from upon the very brink,
So melodramatic but it's true,
Battled on despite the hurt,
I owe so much to you

These words I write can't say it all,
But know your kindness transforms
Those broken hearts, those ruined souls:
Because friendship comes in many forms

© Ben Johnson 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment