Thursday 23 June 2011

Freedom

It's a strange word freedom, but one which has taken on a whole new meaning for me in the past few days; with my exams over with, school officially done forever, summer has more or less begun.

The past couple of months have been exhausting for me, both mentally and physically, but at last I can now allow myself to relax and take a break; something I haven't had much chance to do recently.

So I know I posted around a month ago on what would be coming to the blog, but I have changed my mind ever so slightly on that front. I said in the aforementioned post that I would be following the 1001 series' Albums To Listen To Before You Die, but I have changed my mind. I only really listen to one genre of music nowadays, and that is hip hop, so I have instead decided that my music posts will follow this. I may deviate once in a while, but most of my album reviews will be from there or new releases.

As for the bookish side of things, I am certainly eager to offer my recommendations and reviews on both classic and contemporary novels. The first review that will be coming after this weekend, perhaps tomorrow, is that of Gabriel García Márquez's fantastic novel Love In The Time Of Cholera. The first of many to come, I am sure.

Aside from this I have a whole host of different posts lined up; reviews of film, music, television and sport. Now I have this sense of freedom I do hope to bring something to the blog, and of course if anyone does read it and has any requests, please feel free to email me or leave me a comment anywhere on the blog.

Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment